Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier One Air - Black Mesh
Ergonomic baby carrier in airy 3D mesh – cool for both of you
Are you worried that babywearing might make you and your baby too hot? Baby Carrier One Air in airy 3D mesh is designed to make babywearing much more comfortable in hot and humid conditions. The cool mesh fabric has many popular qualities. It’s soft and breathable, but it’s also durable and dries quickly after washing. It’s easy for you to switch between several front and back babywearing positions. You can use Baby Carrier One Air to carry your child from birth and up to approx. the age of three.
Features and benefits
- Cool and comfy in airy 3D mesh: Mesh is a breathable material that makes babywearing cool and comfortable for both you and your baby.
- 4 front and back carrying positions: Choose whether you want to carry your child facing in (two height positions), facing out or on your back.
- Ergonomic leg position: Fully adjustable seat width ensures a comfortable and ergonomically correct position for your child’s hips.
- Padded shoulder straps for superior carrying comfort: Luxuriously thick padding in the shoulder straps gives you superior carrying comfort.
- Pressure-relieving waist belt: The wide, sturdy waist belt gives you excellent pressure relief and ensures good carrying ergonomics.
- Built-in infant insert: Baby Carrier One Air has two height positions. Use the upper position for newborns (at least 8 lbs/3.5 kg) so your baby is carried in the proper position close to your face. Your baby should be close enough for you to kiss the top of their head.
- Carry your toddler on your back: As your child reaches the toddler stage, it will be more comfortable for you to carry them on your back. We recommend that you only start carrying your child on your back after the age of 12 months since this position does not offer the same degree of supervision.
- Easy and safe back carrying: When your child is in the baby carrier facing inwards, you can easily swivel the baby carrier from front to back. It’s comfortable and you can do it on your own. The design of the baby carrier ensures that your child sits safely and securely while being moved onto your back.
- Adjustable head support: The baby carrier has a sturdy, flexible head support that you can use until your newborn’s neck muscles are strong enough to hold up the head. You can also keep the head support unfolded while your older baby (over 5 months) is resting or sleeping in the baby carrier. The head support is fully adjustable and individually adaptable.
- Hip-friendly baby carrier: The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has tested Baby Carrier One Air and acknowledges it to be “hip-healthy”. This means that the baby carrier provides the correct support for your child’s hips and encourages good hip joint development, which is especially important in your child’s first months.
- Unique baby carrier fabric: Our unique 3D Mesh has been developed specifically for our baby carriers and is designed to suit young babies. “3D” means that the fabric consists of three layers: a super-soft mesh next to the baby’s skin, a durable, a non-elastic mesh on the outside and a layer of filling in-between. Instead of padding, which can make a baby carrier bulky and too warm, the filling in the middle layer consists of a fine, single-fiber thread that gives the baby carrier the stability of padding, yet ensures a very good air flow, so it stays airy and cool when you’re babywearing.
- Soft yet supportive fabric: The mesh fabric is soft against your baby’s delicate skin, yet provides comfortable support for your child’s back, hips and neck.
- Dries quickly after washing: The airy mesh allows moisture and liquid to pass through, and dries very quickly so you can use it again not long after washing.
- Child-friendly material: All our baby carriers are free from harmful substances and approved in accordance with Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Class 1 for baby products.
Age and weight
From newborn to approx. 3 years. Min. 3.5 kg/53 cm. Max. 15 kg/100 cm.
When you carry your baby facing out, they should be at least 5 months old and weigh no more than 12 kg.
The leg straps should be used to reduce the size of the leg openings for children between 3.5 and 4.5 kg.
Always check that the newborn or baby height zip is closed all the way to the end before use.
See additional safety instructions in the owner’s manual.
All our materials are kind to your baby’s skin and safe to taste. They are free from harmful substances and approved according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100, Class 1 for baby products. That’s important to us!
Main material: 100% polyester
Waist belt lining: 100% polyester
Leg position zip guard: 100% cotton
Tested and safe
The Baby Carrier One and Baby Carrier One Air meet the US safety standard ASTM F2236 and CPSIA 2008, Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.