Top Strollers for a Growing Family
As any parent knows, children add a lot of meaning to life. Whether you know two is your limit or you take a more the merrier approach to your growing family, the right stroller can make the difference between happy and haggard. When looking for a model made to grow with you, these are the top strollers for a growing family.
Important Information About Double Tandem Strollers
There are a few things to keep in mind when looking at the various double tandem strollers available on the market. Also called modular strollers, the double tandem strollers on our list go from single to double (even triple in select models) as needed. Please keep in mind that the second seat is sold separately and will have its own, sometimes different, weight and age limitations. It is important to keep this in mind and to check the limitations to ensure safety for your little ones.
Nuna Demi Grow
When looking at the top strollers for a growing family, the Nuna Demi Grow is definitely a contender. What makes this option ideal for growing your family while keeping the same stroller? For starters, it can go from infant to toddler for a single child and then be converted to a double stroller as needed when you add a second little one to the family. That is pretty standard fare for this stroller type, so what else sets it apart? The ability to use it in an impressive 23 different modes should be enough to make it a contender. It also has an all-season seat with breathable material to keep your baby comfortable year-round. This is a versatile option made to grow as your brood expands. You simply purchase the additional gear and it converts to double the ride for your growing family.
- Recommended use: birth to 50 lbs.
- Second seat weight/age suggestions: Recommended for 6 months, up to 50 pounds, or up to 45"" tall.
- One-hand recline for easy adjustments.
- Luxe leatherette arm bar and push bar for style with added comfort.
- Converts from a single to a double stroller.
- Custom dual suspension for a smooth ride.
- One-touch breaking in the rear wheel to stop with ease and avoid tipping.
- Choice of 5 or 3 point harness with quick-release button for safety and ease of use.
- Tough tires filled with foam to provide shock protection and durability.
Being a parent of a growing family shouldn’t mean lower standards. You deserve it all and so do your little ones! While other strollers in this category convert from a single to a double, the UPPAbaby Vista lets you add a third child when you add on seating gear. When considering the top strollers for a growing family, the UPPAbaby Vista is also one of the most loaded options on the market today. Whether on the go running errands or just going for a nice stroll to the park, this model is made to grow and adapt with your family over the years. From the overall durability built to last for years to the fact you can seat two little ones in this model at once with the additional option of attaching their Piggyback for a third to ride along, there are plenty of reasons to make this stroller your go-to stroller.
- Recommended use: 3 months to 50 lbs.
- Second seat weight/age suggestions: 3 months to 35lbs or 36 in, whichever comes first.
- Multi-position recline operated with one-hand simplicity for ease.
- Height-adjustable canopy to accommodate various children heights.
- Adjustable handlebar makes it easier for parents to find a comfortable position when pushing.
- Offers both rear-facing and front-facing riding to accommodate the changing needs of children as they grow.
- Independent shocks ensure a smooth ride while the puncture-proof wheels prevent a flat.
- One-hand release with pivoting bumper bar for simple loading.
- Fabrics are removable and washable to keep things clean for years of reliable use.
Silver Cross Wave
When looking for luxury and innovation in one versatile design, the Silver Cross Wave is the option for your growing family. Offering a maximum weight of 55 pounds, this option has a higher weight maximum than others on the market. What else sets this option apart? For starters, it can be used as a double stroller with the bassinet and seat included in the initial purchase. Similar to the UPPAbaby Vista, it even converts to carry three little ones when you add the ride-on board so you can turn your double stroller into a triple stroller. The 2019 model is 3 lbs. lighter than previous models for improved maneuverability and ease which is the main thing setting it apart. This fact alone makes it one of the best options for a growing family simply by carrying capacity alone, but it is also loaded with lots of thoughtful features.
- Recommended use: infant to 55 lbs.
- Second seat weight/age suggestions: up to 55 lbs.
- The bassinet is approved for overnight sleeping for added versatility.
- Includes both rain covers and mosquito nets for bassinet and main seat.
- Cupholder for added convenience.
- 3-year warranty to ensure a long-lasting option.
- Features woven fabric and hand-finished elements for a touch of luxury in appearance.
The Baby Jogger City Select
This is one of the sleekest options on the market for parents looking for form and style without sacrificing function. A top choice for its sleek style and overall versatility, the Baby Jogger City Select stroller can be changed into over 16 different configurations to meet your needs. This model can be a single, double, triple, or even a pram as needed for a convenient option sure to rise to the occasion. With its easy folding and handling, this is one stroller that is designed to cut down on the hassle for the busy parent on the go.
- Recommended use: infant to 45 lbs.
- Second seat weight/age suggestions: infant to 45 lbs.
- Multiple configurations for added versatility.
- Self-folding when you lift the sides to make it easy to manage.
- Swivel or locked tires to adjust to the day or travels. The tires are made to cover all sorts of terrain with ease.
- Adjustable handlebar and a hand-operated parking brake make it easier than ever to stay in control.
- Magnetic closure in the peekaboo window to soundlessly check on sleeping little ones without disturbing them.
- Adjustable seat recline allows children to be comfortable as they grow.
Offering stylish appeal coupled with flexibility for your busy lifestyle, the Thule Sleek is a stroller ready to roll wherever life takes you. This option is hailed for how easy it is to maneuver and the way it handles overall. It offers an incredibly smooth, enjoyable ride for all involved. It can be operated in your choice of single, double, or twin mode without losing any of the easy maneuverability you need to take on the day. Ideal from infant to toddler, this is a stroller made to grow with your family without compromising on style or function.
- Recommended use: infant to 48 lbs.
- Second seat weight/age suggestions: infant to 33 lbs.
- Multiple configurations with add-on seats.
- Offers a compact size with front swivel wheels for easy maneuvering and turns.
- Ventilated canopy with extendable UV protection sun visor keeps little ones comfy and protected.
- Adjustable footwell accommodates children as they grow.
- Reversible to allow for parent facing or forward facing riding position.
- Shock absorbing 4-wheel suspension makes for a smooth ride, even on tougher terrains.